Sunday, February 22, 2009

Special Olymics


We did great at Special Olympics Volleyball this last Friday!

Lehi had 5 teams total! Two from the High School and three City Teams. I coach one of the school teams and Jed is actually a Unified Partner (non-disabled teammate) on one of the city teams.

We have had so much fun participating in this! We practice every Tuesday night and the whole family goes. Kylie enjoys meeting all of the amazing kids and being able to play Volleyball with them. Jed has made SO many friends but there are a set of brothers that just LOVE him and he can't get enough of them. They wrestle and talk about girls with any spare time we have there. And Steele just enjoys running around the Gym like a crazy man playing with all the balls.

This past Friday was our Area Games...

My team got a Silver Medal placing 2nd in our bracket.

Jed's team got a ribbon placing 4th in their bracket.

And the three other teams got Gold, Bronze, and I think another Bronze.


It was SO much fun! And quite intense at times!


I have GREAT pictures but I can't post them online... I don't think all of these kid's parents would love that... So when you see me ask me to see them... You will absolutely love them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you where involved with Special Olympics. What a great thing to do with your time. Congrats on all the awards, I can't wait to see the pics.

Sunny said...

this is so rewarding! You must learn so much from these special kids thats great.